Festival comes and Mom makes Om pudi :-) This time I made it for Navrathri... Om pudi is a easy snack..easy in the sense, it goes into the mouth very easily!! ;-) And by the way this snack is good for digestion since its one of the main ingredient is omam(ajwain). Check out the recipe...
Besan/Gram flour - 3 Cups
Rice Flour- 1 cup
Omam/Ajwain- 2 Table spoon
Oil - As much as needed
Chilli Powder - 1 Tsp
Salt - as much as needed
Press with small holes to make ompudi
1. Add gram flour, rice flour, chilli powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Boil 2 cups of water with the omam/ajwain nicely and then filter that and keep the water.
3. In a pan, boil 2 table spoons oil. Add this hot oil to the flour mix and stir it with a big spoon.
4. Now add the omam water to the flour and mix it to make it a thick paste.
5. Heat oil for frying. Add the flour paste to the press.
6. Oil should not be very hot, the heat should be moderate or else om pudi would become red soon and it would not be very tasty.
7. Press the flour in a circle over the pan with the oil in moderate heat and then fry the ompudi.
8. After one side is done, turn it on the other side to fry it on both sides and then when done, remove from oil and repeat...
And wow crunchy crispy om pudi ready!!!